Counter

Monday, June 14, 2010

How I make money with Chitika eMiniMalls



I had previously written about how I make money with Text Link Ads and promised to share my other money makers with you. Another way I earn money from sites is by using Chitika eMiniMalls. Chitika have been around for a while and I joined them pretty much at the start.
Chitika PPC ad units

Chitika PPC ad unitsChitika now provide several ways to monetize your site, I will concentrate on their eMiniMalls as that is the system I use. eMiniMalls are ad units available in the standard sizes that display products to your visitors. Every time a visitor clicks on the ad you earn an amount depending on the product and other factors that Chitika keep secret. It's like Adsense in many ways.

The information you are interested in is how the ad units perform. Well I can't give out specifics but per click I am getting on average about 20 something cents and the CTR is good. In all it's been worthwhile using the service as for my sites anyway it seems to perform better than Adsense. You can also use eMiniMalls on the same page as Adsense as long as you switch off the contextual part in the setup of your eMiniMalls ad units.

Another thing I like about them is that they pay via PayPal which is more convenient, I only wish more companies would do this. The only point about them I do not like is that they audit your earnings. This means that you are not sure of your earnings for several weeks after a click is made. There are unaudited and audited reports. The reason for this is for click fraud. At least Adsense do this auditing live.
Chitika affiliate program

There is also an affiliate program which I haven't really pushed that much but it seem quite generous compared to similar services. When you refer another publisher you get 10% of any earnings for 15 months.

I would recommend using Chitika for product based sites as this. The ads available tend to be electronics orientated. I use the service on my MP3 player site, I shouldn't think the ads would work very well on non product sites.
http://www.blogtalks.net/how-i-make-money-with-chitika-eminimalls.php

No comments:

Post a Comment